I am a HETAS registered installer.
In England and Wales, there are only two routes to legally install a domestic solid fuel, wood or biomass burning appliance. You can either:
- Use a registered installer who can self certify that the work he does complies with the relevant Building Regulations; or
- The consumer applies to their local authority building control department for a building notice, and pays the appropriate fee (possibly up to £300).
It is generally much simpler and cheaper to use a HETAS registered installer who will leave you with a Certificate of Compliance as a record of the job and that it complies with Building Regulations. A copy of the certificate is then forwarded to HETAS who notify the local authority on your behalf. Failure to notify the work through the registration scheme (in this case HETAS) or directly to the local authority can lead to enforcement. It can also cause problems for future house sales if there is no official record of a compliant installation. Do contact me if you require clarification.
We offer a professional stove fitting service across North Yorkshire together with ancillary services and support, including:
- Site surveys
- Impartial advice on sourcing your new stove
- Thorough chimney inspection, sweep and vacuum
- Open fires, Agas and wood burning stoves swept
- Fireplace repairs, replacement and fitting
- Fire places opened up or blocked up
- Chimneys uncapped or capped, repair work undertaken
- Chimney liners installed; existing liners removed and replaced
To discuss the services we offer, please don’t hesitate to contact us:
The Stove Fitter
Mobile: 07809 574 446
Telephone: 01845 577 071
Please do feel able to contact us by e-mail. We check for e-mails each day and will endeavour to respond within 24 hours. Of course, if you need to make contact urgently, do call us. For e-mail contact, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org